[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” border_style=”solid” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial” _builder_version=”3.0.69″]
If you own a business, one of the first places online you need to make sure your business is listed is with Google. This way any person searching for your business need near you can easily find you. But, not all local businesses serve their customers from a brick-and-mortar storefront. Some businesses operate from a home address. Others are mobile and don’t have a storefront that customers visit.
If your business serves customers at their locations, you should list it as a service area business on Google.
Add and edit a service area
To edit your service area details:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Make sure you’re using card view. If you’re viewing your locations as a list instead of cards, switch to card view by clicking the cards icon on the right side above your locations.
- Choose the listing you’d like to manage and click Manage location.
- Click Info from the menu.
- Click the Address section.
- In the window that appears, select Yes next to “I deliver goods and services to my customers at their locations.”
- Enter your service area information. You can set your service area based on the zip codes or cities that you serve, or on a given area around your location.
- Select the box next to “I serve customers at my business address” if you want your complete address to appear on Google and your business location is staffed and able to receive customers during its stated hours.
Your business will still show up in google search, but it won’t list your address. See my google business profile below.